Qualifications: MBBS, MD (Pathology), MHA, PhD
Career Summary: Worked in cancer services research for 18 years at the Collaboration for Cancer Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CCORE). Prior to working in health services research, worked as a pathologist in India.
Contribution to field of research: Development of benchmark optimal utilisation rates for radiotherapy and chemotherapy, with the results published and widely cited in international journals. My PhD research was on the development of models of optimal chemotherapy utilisation for cancers of the lung, colon, rectum, brain, prostate, testes and leukaemia.
Research Output and Teaching: I have published over 30 papers in peer-reviewed international journals. I am currently supervisor for 3 postgraduate research students at the University of New South Wales.
C1 - Journal Article
- Jacob SA, Ng WL, Do V 2015, "Estimation of an Optimal Chemotherapy Utilisation Rate for Cancer: Setting an Evidence-based Benchmark for Quality Cancer Care", Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 77-82
- Ng W, Jacob S, Delaney G, Do V, Barton M 2015, "Estimation of an optimal chemotherapy utilisation rate for upper gastrointestinal cancers: Setting an evidence-based benchmark for the best-quality cancer care", Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2015
- Barton MB, Jacob S, Shafiq J, Wong K, Thompson SR, Hanna TP, Delaney GP 2014, "Estimating the demand for radiotherapy from the evidence: A review of changes from 2003 to 2012", Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 140-144
- Shafiq J; Saunders C; Thompson A; Tyldesley S; Olivotto IA; Barton MB; Dewar J; Ng W; Speers CH; Delaney GP 2012, A comparison of systemic breast cancer therapy utilization in Canada (British Columbia), Scotland (Dundee), and Australia (Western Australia) with models of optimal therapy, Breast, Churchill Livingstone
- Jacob SA; Ng W; Asghari R; Delaney GP; Barton MB 2011, Chemotherapy in rectal cancer: variation in utilization and development of an evidencebased benchmark rate of optimal chemotherapy utilization, Clinical Colorectal Cancer, Cancer information group
- Ng W; Jacob SA; Delaney GP; Barton MB 2010, Chemotherapy in Head and Neck Cancers: Summary of Recommendations and a Critical Review of Clinical Practice Guidelines, The European Journal of Clinical and Medical Oncology, San Lucas medical
- Jacob SA; Hovey E; Ng W; Vinod SK; Delaney GP; Barton MB 2010, Estimation of an optimal chemotherapy utilisation rate for lung cancer: An evidence-based benchmark for cancer care., Lung Cancer, Elsevier Sci Ireland Ltd
- Jacob SA; Wong K; Delaney GP; Adams P; Barton MB 2010, Estimation of an optimal utilisation rate for palliative radiotherapy in newly diagnosed cancer patients, Clinical Oncology, Elsevier Science London
- Ng W; Delaney GP; Jacob SA; Barton MB 2010, Estimation of an optimal chemotherapy utilisation rate for breast cancer: Setting an evidence-based benchmark for the best quality cancer care., European Journal of Cancer, Pergamon-Elsevier Science Ltd
E1 - Conference Abstract